I have a confession to make, are you ready?
I am a bit of a geek. There, I said it! It has taken me a while to admit this, probably due to growing up alongside my big brother. He was the original IT nerd who started writing computer games on his ZX Spectrum from his bedroom! He has been a computer programmer now for many years now.
Anyway, why am I talking about this? Well, this month’s theme is Tech and Funding.
I have compiled a list of my top 10 techy tips which I hope will be of help to you.
- It should take no more than 3 clicks for people to donate to your organisation through your website. Take the challenge – if it takes more, why not make some changes?
- Is there an ‘ask for a donation’ on every page of your website? It is important to capitalise on your website to increase donations.
- Think about where your organisation sits against others by reading Lloyds UK Digital Index, discussed here by Cosmic.
- Do you know the regulations that govern digital fundraising? Click here to access the right pages of the Fundraising Regulator.
- Are you planning on bidding for government funding? If so you could benefit from considering investing in Cyber Essentials, we use this provider.
- Have you a fab website but no SEO strategy? Without this, you could be missing out on engaging people with your website. We use Teapot Creative who also help with branding and website.
- Is your ‘Google My Business’ information up to date? If you would like to access funds to help with this, you can apply here.
- Want to hear all about the current trends and thinking around Tech, why not go to the Third Sector Tech Summit on 12th February 2020 in London.
- Do you need to access funds for IT research capital funders using databases such as; Funding Central and Funds Online from DSC?
- Want to increase your funding from online fundraising sources? We can help you to create a Digital Funding Plan, contact us here to discuss further.
Lizzi Ginby, Director of Teapot Creative, will be one of our speakers at our Foundations for Funding event in March. Lizzi will focus on the benefits of having a strong brand voice and online presence and how this will help engage your target audiences and give gravitas to your charity’s purpose. Click here for event details.
by Marsha Miles